What is DoorDash?
DoorDash is a company that allows you to order food through their mobile app or on their official website from your favorite restaurants in the US and Canada. You can order as much or as little food as you want and even schedule your delivery in advance when it is most convenient for you. Some of their partners include but not limited to The Cheesecake Factory, Taco Bell, Carl’s Jr., Baskin-Robbins, Buffalo Wild Wings, California Pizza Kitchen, Dunkin’ Donuts, Smash Burger and many others.
Requirements to Dash
- Drivers must be 18 or older
- iPhone or Android smartphone.
- Drivers cannot have any major violations in the last 7 years, including: DUI, Reckless Driving, Homicide or Assault, Driving with a suspended license, failure to stop or report and driving with a license that is suspended or expired
- Drivers cannot have more than 3 accidents in the last 3 years
After you are conditionally approved to be onboarded, DoorDash will run a criminal background check with your consent
- DoorDash conducts background checks in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- DoorDash will always conduct an individualized assessment.
- DoorDash will only consider arrests or criminal accusations that are pending or that resulted in a conviction within the past 7 years.
Can I deliver food without a car?
Yes! As long as you have a smartphone and either a bike, motorcycle or scooter, you can deliver for DD. In fact, you can even walk in some markets.
When can I start working?
As soon as you have been approved to be a Dasher, you are free to turn on the app and start accepting some orders.
Payments are made on a weekly basis through direct deposit for the previous week that you made deliveries for DoorDash.
DoorDash also provides a Daily Pay for their Dashers so they do not have to wait 7 days to receive their cash. This makes it convenient and appealing to Dashers who need access to their funds on a daily basis. Payments will be send before the end of each day. Please keep in mind that this service costs $1.25 for a next business day transfer.
How to become a DoorDash driver
The first thing you need to do is go through the Dasher signup process.
- Fill out the application with all the pertinent information here.
- Set up and complete the phone interview.
- Assuming all goes well, the company will conduct a background check at this point.
- Complete the in-person interview.
If you have worked for DoorDash or any company similar to this one, please share your experiences below.